Based in Everett, Washington
22 July, 2016
By the dawn of the 22nd century decades of climate change, warfare, and famine had left Earth in a hopeless state. As a last resort, dozens of AI-piloted spaceships were sent into deep space to find a new home for humanity. Your ship--the fastest, the finest, and the last--carries the last few humans in the galaxy. You are the ship's AI, and their fate is in your hands.
With development initially starting in 2011, The Away Team was shelved after 9 months. In late 2015, Underflow Studios pitched the game to Crackshell AB, gaining their support for art production, and funding for sound and writing. In 2016 The Away Team released to initially positive reviews but the game failed to attract an audience. In 2018, full control of The Away Team reverted to Underflow Studios, who hopes to breathe new life into the game with a large content and gameplay update called Lost Exodus.
- Your decisions matter. While you may not be immediately certain of their consequences, your choices will echo throughout the game.
- A novel's worth of sci-fi adventure. Over 125,000 words featuring the storytelling talent of Michael Fiegel.
- Everything you see is customizable! All game assets are present in easily editable formats. Drop in new sprites, edit json and lua mission content with a text editor, or use the in-game character creator to make new characters and upload them to the Steam Workshop for others to explore the universe with.
- Search for humanity's next home while keeping your crew fed and alive. In a universe full of danger and low on resources, will you be able to save them from starvation, alien hazards, and their own flaws?
Logo & Icon
- "It's all really well done, and if you like Science Fiction, you'll dig The Away Team for sure."
- Thomas Faust, indiegames.com
- "The Away Team might not be perfect, and it might need some more visual pop, but this is a unique experience. I am truly looking forward to the next effort by Underflow Studios[.]"
- Lysander, DVSGaming.org
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below to complete a distribute() request and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Lost Exodus release
Press release announcing release date if The Away Team's Lost Exodus update awayteam.space.
Lost Exodus release date
Press release announcing the release date for The Away Team's Lost Exodus update awayteam.space.
About Underflow Studios
We're a small studio looking to explore interesting narrative in many different styles of gameplay.
More information on Underflow Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Away Team Credits
Studio Director, Underflow Studios
Josh "Cheeseness" Bush
Programmer, Artist, Writer, Freelancer
Michael Green and Chris Upton